MDP COLAB NZ Presents: Applying a Digital Workflow into Your Practice and Taking the Perfect Impression.
Modern Dental Paciﬁc in collaboration with Precision Dental Laboratory and Southern Cross Dental are hosting two FREE education events.
JOIN OUR AUCKLAND SERIES. REGISTER HERE
Please join us and international speaker Dr Simon Parsons at our education event for an opportunity to meet other dental professionals, brush up on your skills and get updated on the latest dental know-how. With Dr Simon Parsons we will explore how digital workflows enhance your crown and bridgework success.
Date: WEDNESDAY 15TH MARCH 2023
Location: Cordis Hotel, 83 Symonds Street, Grafton, Auckland 1010
Time: 6pm Canapes and Drinks | 6.30pm Presentation
Upon completion of this course, dentists will have learned the differences between prosthodontic materials, be able to select the best material for a given patient and be familiar with tooth preparation required for that choice of material. They will also learn essential steps for successful impression taking, including the use of intra-oral scanners and how choosing the right dental cement can optimise clinical success.
- History and application of dental materials.
- Modern Dental materials for prosthodontics.
- How to choose the right material for a given clinical situation.
- The importance of planning to achieve treatment success.
- Preparing teeth to optimise the performance of a chosen material.
- Choosing the right cement for your case.
- Tips and tricks for successful impressions first time, every time.
- Why you should go digital – the benefits of digital dentistry.
- Digital impressions – why you should seriously consider “upgrading”.
- Understand how to choose the right scanner – planning your digital journey.
- Understand how to make your scanner work for you – implementing your digital transition.
About Dr Simon Parsons
Dr Simon Parsons is a practising dentist with over 25 years’ experience working in private dental practice. Dr Parsons tutored dental undergraduates and dental assistants and continues to enjoy teaching and mentoring oral health professionals. He has balanced his interest in clinical treatment and practice management in various roles, having run large multidisciplinary dental practices for over a decade.
With broad experience in risk management issues, Dr Parsons has conducted clinical governance activities for several major health funds. He spent three years serving as Clinical Director at Australian Health Management and then as Acting National Dental Director for Medibank Private. As part of the Dental Protection team, he is keen to share his risk management knowledge and experience with fellow dental practitioners. He completed an MBA in 2001.